If we recall the time when mobile phones were introduced and compare with the mobile phones of today, it has changed a lot. With time the technology has advanced a lot which has resulted in the launch of series of smartphones in the last two decades. Smartphones with high-performing processors require intuitive apps that perform well on the operating systems. According to Statista , there are more than 3 billion apps worldwide, but only a few manage to perform well and become users’ choice.
App performance is a very crucial aspect of the app development process which includes factors like network connectivity, app load time, speed, responsiveness, etc. To avoid the performance failure of an app it is mandatory to go with the flow of technology. Revolution in the mobile app industry has offered a cross-platform framework through which an app can be developed through native, flutter, and ionic technology.
If you are thinking to develop an app and are confused about which technology to go with you must conduct thorough research to find out which cross-platform framework type suits your app project. It might get challenging for you to choose among the three-top cross-platform app frameworks to help you we’ll compare all three platforms to make your selection process easier.
Before moving on to the comparison points of react-native vs flutter and ionic it is important to get a brief overview of the cross-platform frameworks. Flutter and react-native are advanced software development kits, Flutter is developed by Google, and react native is developed by Facebook. While on the other hand, the ionic platform is one of the oldest programming languages in the app development industry.
Flutter: Flutter is supported by Google which helps developers to develop amazing native mobile applications. Flutter is used to develop applications for both Android and iOS platforms. Flutter offers mobile app developers’ complete range of widgets, APIs, and many other tools. In just three years of its development flutter has grown to heights of popularity.
– A react native single app can work on both iOS and Android platforms which saves a lot of time and money.
– React native promotes flexibility as it makes it easy to update and upgrade mobile apps.
– React Native is great in performance as they are fast and programming languages are optimized for various mobile devices.
– React Native allows developers to immediately view the changes they have made in the coding in another preview window simultaneously.
– One of the major flaws of using react native is its constant updates which often confuses a developer because whenever an update is launched the developer has to make changes accordingly.
React native development–can be difficult to go with if a developer is new in the industry due to various technicalities.
– Using react native development you have to equip the app with extra security because react native is an open-source framework that creates a gap in security.
– Rich in widgets which helps developers to design amazing applications that stand out
– Due to amazing features flutter has reached heights of popularity in just 3 years of its launch.
– Assists in reducing code development time
– Helps to customize anything regardless of the complexity
– Flutter offers its rendering engine which assists developers comprehensively as it offers a lot if compared to other platforms.
– One of the major flaws of using flutter is the loophole of large file sizes.
– Flutter does not offer third-party libraries which impacts the quality of software development, as third-party libraries offer extra features to developers.
– React native provides an amazing user experience by interacting directly with native platforms while Flutter makes use of widgets for providing a quality user experience.
– Comparing both cross-platform frameworks React native is most popular while Flutter is still trying to mark its presence because it is a new platform.
– React native offers developers third-party libraries and readymade components to build an app quickly, while on the other hand Flutter offers high-quality widgets for the fast building of an app.
– React native takes the advantage of being supported by almost all IDEs while Flutter is supported by Android Studio, IntelliJ, and Visual Studio code.
– React native can be installed by using a Node package manager (NPM) while on the other hand Flutter supports binary initialization from GitHub for a specific platform.
– React native completely depends on third-party tools for UI testing and integration while Flutter offers three levels to test an app. Flutter testing levels are a unit test, widget test, and in the last integration test.
Ionic: Ionic is an open-source software development kit used by developers around the world to develop various mobile applications. It was first built to support AngularJS but with time it supports all the front-end frameworks. Developers use ionic to build UIs for all various apps developed with Angular, Vue.js. and React. Ionic web framework can be used to develop hybrid apps and provides developers a single codebase that can be customized according to the needs for specific platforms i.e., iOS, Android, and windows. The embedded browser on the ionic platform allows developers to separate the source code from the device which can act as a translator between the dynamics of the code and the specifics of the device.
– Ionic framework is termed as developer-friendly as it allows developers to build apps in less time and helps to start each of the projects from scratch. It also allows developers to work with a single codebase.
– The ionic platform is equipped with all sorts of tools, it provides a library of components, plugins, front end building blocks, app icons, UI components, etc.
– The components the Ionic platform offers can be customized easily by developers; it adopts the platform on which the app runs.
– The ionic platform supports quick testing, as it allows to test of a mobile app on the browser through simulator testing for all operating systems.
– Problems in performance arise when developing 3d apps or high-quality gaming applications
– Native plugins in the Ionic framework are often not stable and conflict with each other.
– The hybrid application developed using an ionic framework might face security issues.
– Developers have to learn Dart programming before using Flutter while using Ionic developers can easily learn the framework due to web technology.
– Ionic has huge community support if compared to Flutter because flutter is a relatively new technology.
– Using Flutter web development is not as easy as compared to the Ionic framework.
– Ionic uses front-end technology to render apps that are a bit slower than Flutter technology which allows developers to directly use the machine code.
– Google Ads
– Ali Baba
– The New York times
– Hamilton Musical
– Chef steps
The main purpose of this blog is not to categorize one platform as the best one but the main purpose is to help you choose among the three top platforms. The above-mentioned comparisons of React Native vs Flutter vs Ionic will help you in choosing the right platform to have a go-ahead in the process of app development. Do keep in mind to conduct thorough research before choosing the cross-platform framework which suits your app idea.
09, Mar 2021
Counted among one of the well-renowned companies, APPSTIRR has proficient and experienced writers who comprehend the need for efficient communication and the requirements to meet deadlines timely. These tech-savvy writers help in crafting innovative yet engaging content.